In accordance with the Low for Association of Citizens and Foundation (Gazette of the Republic of Macedonia no.31/1998) and the Decision for founding the First Children's Embassy in the World "Megjashi", the Republic of Macedonia, made on 29.04 1992, and in accordance with the Charter and the Basic Act of the First Children's Country in the World "Megjashi", the Board (Collegiums) of the First Children's Embassy in the World - "Megjashi", Republic of Macedonia made a correlation of the Statute on 23.12.1998 according to the Association of Citizens Law and during the meeting of the Board (Collegiums) on 10.03.2003 it was changed and supplemented.
S T A T U T E
OF THE FIRST CHILDREN'S EMBASSY
IN THE WORLD "MEGJASHI"
THE REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA
THE FIRST CHILDREN'S EMBASSY IN THE WORLD "MEGJASHI" – THE REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA is a World Association of citizens and represents an international, non-government, non-partisan and non-profitable humanitarian organization for care, protection and promotion of the children's rights. It is First Embassy of the children in the World.
The First Children's Embassy in the World, Megjashi-the Republic of Macedonia, was founded by: Gordana Pirkovska-Zmijanac (founder) and Dragi Zmijanac (founder) in Skopje, on 29.04.1992.
The full name of the organization is the First Children's Embassy in the World – Megjashi, the Republic of Macedonia (in the further text: the First Children's Embassy) and its acronym is FCEWM.
The base of the First Children's Embassy in the World "Megjashi"-Republic of Macedonia is in Skopje.
The Embassy is a world movement with a status of civic-legal person and it has its own seal and giro-account. The seal contains the full name of the association in Cyrillic alphabet-Macedonian language (for domestic usage) and in Latin alphabet-English language (for foreign organizations):
PRVA DETSKA AMBASADA VO SVETOT-ME\A[I
THE FIRST CHILDREN'S EMBASSY IN THE WORLD-MEGJASHI
THE REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA
The First Children's Embassy in the World works in accordance to the Basic act of the First Children's Land in the World "Megjashi".
The First Children's Embassy in the World, in Macedonia and in the world, forms, advocates, protects and gives status of a Children's Country to territories which pledges the First Children's Embassy to accomplish its activities. The Embassy governs the Children's Land according to the special document-the Basic act.
The primary programme tasks of the First Children's Embassy in the World are those from the Children's Rights Convention passed by UN and other international documents concerning the children's rights protection.
The First Children's Embassy in the World, as a international non-partisan non-profitable association, is engaged in humanitarian, diplomatic, educative, social and cultural-recreation actions.
M I S S I O N
The First Children's Embassy in the World is an International NGO which purpose is to protect the children and their rights and to strengthen the NGO movement for the children's rights. The Embassy strives for respecting the child's personality through protection of their rights, advocates their best interests and enriches their lives with events that make the childhood safe and creative. The Embassy connects the children from different meridians and enriches the children's lives with events that make the childhood happy, joyful and creative.
The general purpose of the First Children's Embassy in the World is Protection of the children's rights.
Purposes of the Embassy are:
- building and keeping the peace
- protection of the children from war and other conflicts
- protection of the children's abuse in political, economic, war and sexual purposes, as well as protection of all forms of children's labour abuse
- protection, help and support of all children and parents in crises, disabled children, children with low social status, children in the streets, children without parents etc.
- support and strengthen of the NGO's and institutions from the field of the children's rights
- affirmation and support of the child's creative personality
The Embassy is represented by:
- Honorary Ambassadors, Honorary Vice-Ambassadors, Honorary General Consuls, Honorary Consuls (for regions, states and cities), Honorary Vice-Consuls, Permanent Diplomatic Representatives and Honorary members of the Board in the country and abroad
- General Consulates, Consulates and Consular Departments in the World
- Coordinators in the towns in Macedonia
- Offices in the World
- Collective and individual members (children and adults)
The General Consulate, the Consulates and the Consular Departments in the World and in the Republic of Macedonia work in accordance with the Charter of THE FIRST CHILDREN'S COUNTRY IN THE WORLD MEGJASHI, the work regulation and the Statute of the EMBASSY OF THE CHILDREN.
All Honorary Ambassadors, Honorary General Consuls and Consuls, Permanent Representatives and Honorary Members of the Board act in accordance with the Charter, the programme tasks and the Statute of the First Children's Embassy in the World-Megjashi, Republic of Macedonia.
THE FIRST CHILDREN'S EMBASSY ORGANS
The First Children's Embassy in the World-Megjashi, Republic of Macedonia Organs are:
Executive Board (Collegiums)
RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE BOARD
The highest organ of the Embassy is the Board composed of 11 members.
The Board chooses the activities, humanists, prominent scientific and cultural individuals, sportsmen and public workers recognized in the environment with a mandate of 4 years with an opportunity to renovate the mandate according the engagement and results in the First Children's Embassy in the World.
The Board is also composed by the Founder and the Co-Founder.
The Founders have the rights of veto on decisions made by the Board if they consider that the decisions are not in the framework of the mission, programme tasks and purposes of the First Children's Embassy in the World-Megjashi, Republic of Macedonia.
The Founder or the Co-Founder convenes the Board.
The Board has a meeting at least once a year.
The Ambassador calls the Board or, in his absence, the Vice- Ambassador, at a demand of at least three members or at a demand of the Executive Director. The decisions are made by the majority of votes.
- follows and promotes the work of the Children's Embassy,
- confirms and approves the descriptive and financial reports,
- confirms and approves the decisions made by the Executive Director important for the Embassy
- nominates members and honorary members of the Board,
- discharges members and honorary members who do not comply the Charter, the Programmes tasks and the Statute of the Embassy or who do not engage for realization of the same,
- adopts the year/three-year programme for work of the First Children's Embassy as well as approves changes and supplements,
- nominates Children-Consuls in the cities in the Republic of Macedonia,
- nominates Children-Ambassadors in other countries in the composition of the Children's Diplomatic Corps,
- takes care for the promotion of all forms of financing of the Embassy.
The Board elects three members from the activists and public persons who will comprise the supervisory board. The supervisory board has an obligation to check the administrative and financial work of the Embassy at least once a year, to do a Register, and to inform the Board for the current condition.
RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE AMBASSADOR
The Ambassador governs the Board.
The Ambassador is responsible for his/her work before the Board.
- convenes the meetings of the Board
- represents the First Children's Embassy in the World in Macedonia and abroad.
RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE CHILD-AMBASSADOR
The Child-Ambassador governs the Children's Diplomatic Corps of that Embassy.
RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE VICE-AMBASSADOR
The Vice-Ambassador convenes and guides the meetings of the Board in the absence of the Ambassador.
RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Executive Director is a legal representative of the First Children's Embassy in the World.
The Executive Director:
- is responsible for the programme and material-financial work of the Embassy
- is responsible for realization of the statutory, programme and strategic directions and activities determined by the Board
- is responsible for finding funds for realization of the programme and projects' activities
- takes care for informing the public objectively and in time
- takes care for the reputation of the Embassy and its members in the public
- is responsible for realization and preparation of special events which help in promotion of the self-financing
- follows the realization and carrying out of the Programme tasks, Charter, Statute and the Book of Regulations for the work of the Consular departments, Offices, Consulates and the General Consulates and the work of the coordinators
- gives the Board his opinions about determined disrespecting and violating of the acts of the Embassy
- gives his opinion for depriving of credentials, seals, authorizations and decisions for the work of the branches and further representing of the Embassy, and he takes out the coordinators' rights to represent it in the place of working and living
- signs the diplomatic passports
- approves realization of projects
- guides the diplomatic service
- suggests nominations for honorary members
RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
The executive organ of the First Children's Embassy in the World is the Executive Board.
The Executive Board is composed by the Executive Director, the Programme Manager, the Managers of the administrative sectors, finances and logistics, and, if necessary, the Project Managers and Coordinators.
The Executive Board convenes meetings at least once a week.
The Executive Director convenes the meetings of the Executive Board, but in his absence, the Programme Manager does it.
The Executive Board is obliged to carry out the decisions of the Board and the Executive Director.
RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PROGRAMME MANAGER
The Programme Manager:
- takes care for carrying out the Programme of the First Children's Embassy in the World
- follows the work of the professional services and centres in the framework of the Embassy
- prepares the work programme of the Embassy for every next year
- considers the suggested projects and then gives them to the executive director
- informs the Executive Board/Director for the work of the services and the centres of the Embassy
- prepares the descriptive year-reports of the Board
- suggests engagement and employment of the volunteers based on a contract or temporary employment
The First Children's Embassy in the World, in its activities, forms professional services.
The managers or the project coordinators govern the professional services.
The structure and the way of engagement of the volunteers in the professional services are arranged with a special book of regulations.
A member of the First Children's Embassy in the World can be every citizen of the Republic of Macedonia and every foreigner who accepts the basic documents of the First Children's Embassy in the World-Megjashi, Republic of Macedonia.
The member status is confirmed by presenting a Diplomatic Passport or a membership card from the First Embassy of the Children in the World.
The membership in the First Children's Embassy in the World is honorary, collective and individual.
The Board confirms the Honorary Membership.
The Honorary Membership status is confirmed by presenting a Diplomatic Passport.
The First Children's Embassy in the World nominates honourable members from the country and abroad for special contribution in affirming the idea of the Children's Embassy and individuals who cares for protection and carrying out of the children's rights in the country where they live and work.
The Embassy nominates Honorary Ambassadors, Honorary General Consuls and Honorary Consuls for regions and states, Vice-Consuls, Permanent Diplomatic Representatives and Honorary Members of the Board.
There is a register for every Honorary Member with a short biography and a photograph of the passport user.
The Honorary Membership in the First Children's Embassy lasts 4 (four) years with a possibility for re-election and continuation of the diplomatic passport validity.
The diplomatic passport user pays a membership fee determined and confirmed by the Executive Director.
Collective members can be Non-Government Organizations, Firms, Institutions and other organizations, which gives special contribution in protection of the children's rights, which take care of their recreational, social, educative and cultural activities.
The collective membership is confirmed by presenting a Decree for collective member.
The collective member pays a membership fee once a year determined by the Executive Board for the current year.
Every child up to 18 can be an individual member that accepts and complies the Charter and the Programme tasks of the First Children's Country in the World- Megjashi and the First Children's Embassy in the World Megjashi.
Every member fills a membership card in the Embassy where he/she points out his/her affinities for engagement in the Embassy.
The children's membership is confirmed by paying of the year membership fee confirmed by the Executive Board with verified membership card with a register number, a photograph of the membership card and the Embassy seal.
An individual above 18 can be a member of the Embassy if he/she supports the basic documents of the Embassy. The membership of the adult members is confirmed with presenting an application form with a register number and presenting a membership card of the Embassy.
The children whose parents get a social help, refugee children and children without parents do not pay a membership fee.
Every member of the First Children's Embassy has the following rights and obligations:
- to participate in the realization of the Embassy's programme purposes and tasks
- to elect and to be elected in the Embassy's organs
- to address the Embassy's organs for protection of his/her rights
- to give suggestions, to set and carry out initiatives for improvement of the work in the Embassy
- to be informed with all issues connected with the Embassy's activities
- with his/her behaviour to contribute for the Embassy's reputation in his/her place of learning, work and living
The honorary, collective and individual member seize to be an Embassy member if he/she conducts opposite the basic documents of the First Children's Embassy, or if he/she does not engage himself/herself in carrying out of the basic documents, programme tasks and determinations of the Embassy.
The Executive Director and the Board make decisions about this issue.
The excluded member of the Embassy obligatory gives back the diplomatic passport and the membership card.
FINANCING OF THE FIRST CHILDREN'S EMBASSY
The First Children's Embassy finances its programme tasks and activities with own resources through projects, sponsorships, donations, charities of citizens, membership fees and other ways foreseen by the Law.
The Embassy realises the financing with own resources through sport events and concerts, auctions of paintings and valuable objects, publishing, travel activities, membership fees etc.
The First Children's Embassy in the World Megjashi-the Republic of Macedonia is represented in the country and abroad by the Ambassador, the Vice-Ambassador, the Child Ambassador, the Executive Director and the Programme Manager.
In certain occasions the First Children's Embassy can be represented by individuals authorized by the Ambassador, the Vice-Ambassador, the Child Ambassador and the Executive Director.
The Embassy informs the public about its activities through written information and reports, press conferences, marking of anniversaries by the centres and professional services that work in the Embassy, marking of the anniversaries of the First Children's Embassy in the World Megjashi and marking of some important world children's manifestations in Macedonia and in the world.
The only authorized persons who can inform the public are the Ambassador, the Child Ambassador, the Vice-Ambassador, the Executive director who have responsibilities to inform the Board about these activities. In certain cases, other persons, authorized by the executive director, can inform the public.
The Embassy recruits volunteers who are trained and engaged in the realization of the programmes and activities. A volunteer in the First Children's Embassy can be every person who accepts the basic documents of the Embassy and whose work will contribute for realization of the programme tasks and purposes of the Embassy.
The First Children's Embassy issues diplomatic passports to the diplomatic corps of the Embassy, as well as to the Ambassador, the Vice-Ambassador, the Children-Ambassadors, and the Children-Consuls, the members of the Council, the Founder and the Co-Founder.
TRANSITIONAL AND FINAL REGULATIONS
The Board of the First Children's Embassy in the World Megjashi decides about the changes and the supplements in the Statute.
The Board makes the decision to seize the work of the First Children's Embassy in the World.
This decision the Board can make in certain cases if two thirds of the members of the Board decides that, if the number of the members decreases under the number determined for foundation and if there is not enough means for maintaining of the current work of the Embassy.
Before the seizing of the work of the Embassy, it sells the stationary and moveable property on the level of the Embassy's debt, if there is any, made during its work to the confiders, unpaid invoices, fees, borrowings, etc.
After the Embassy seizes its work, it can donate its means and property to other humanitarian and non-government organizations or otherwise depending on the decision of the Board and the founders of the Embassy.
The changes and supplements of the Statute come into effect on the day when it is passed and verified by the Board of the First Children's Embassy in the World Megjashi-the Republic of Macedonia.
Dragi Zmijanac M.A. S.C.
Executive Director and Co-founder